Sunday, July 29, 2012

***Cheesecake Factory***

I, personally consider Cheesecake Factory to be one of my 'safe restaurants' to eat, not only because they mainly use CANOLA OIL for frying and sauteeing, but your waiter is able to check the actual list of ingredients for ANYTHING on the menu before it is cooked. They also make almost everything from scratch which means no preservatives and extra ingredients. I highly recommend asking the waiter to check for all of your allergens even before trying my recommendations, as some ingredients can change overnight. NONE OF THE DESERTS ARE SAFE, EXCEPT for the the simple bowl of fresh strawberries which normally come with whipped cream, but I ask for without the whipped cream.

I also don't eat any of the brown or white bread that is served once you are seated since I did feel a reaction from eating it so it most likely contains soybean oil and most breads from most chain restaurants are NOT safe.

I usually order the Skinnylicious Caesar salad and tell them no croutons, since those most likely are made with soybean oil. One large order of the Skinnylicious Caesar may be shared by two people--the portion is huge, so I share with my mom. This salad is absolutely DELICIOUS and if you really love it and want to forego the big table bill, you can buy a jar to take home for about 6-7 bucks but since I was told there are no preservatives in this dressing it will last only three days.

I have noticed I am able to eat the Jaimaican Shrimp and Chicken platter which comes with shrimp, chicken, black beans and white rice, and a tiny bit of mango salsa. It is a pretty spicy dish, cooked with Jamaican curry, so only choose this if you like Indian food or spicy dishes.

Most of the side dishes are safe, including sauteed spinach, fresh steamed broccoli, french fries, sweet potato fries and many others.

I have noticed I am also able to eat the oh so-delicious-yet-probably-a-thousand-calorie Tex Mex Eggrolls which contain Spicy Chicken, Corn, Black Beans, Peppers, Onions and Melted Cheese. Served with Avocado Cream and Salsa. Once again please check with the waiter all ingredients before ordering as this could have changed.

The Skinnylicious Spicy Chicken Salad is also safe for me and includes
Grilled Chicken, Roasted Poblano, Red and Yellow Peppers, Fresh Corn, Black Beans, Onions, Rice and Cilantro Served with Mixed Greens and Low-Cal Spicy Vinaigrette.

Hopefully this helps you all enjoy a night out once in awhile but please as with any restaurant, follow the precautions and ALWAYS bring your meds and an Epi-Pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment