Thursday, August 9, 2012

Soy-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free Food Resources

If you're an adult with the food-allergies I have, then you likely know by now the best way to eat without having any kind of reaction is by cooking or baking things at home from scratch. If you're a parent or caretaker of a child with my mutual food-allergies, you've probably shed a tear in the aisles of a grocery store or two just from the frustration of not finding anything soy-free (or peanut/tree-nut-free). I know I have done it. *hugs*


Its times like those that you have to look on the bright side and be thankful if you didn't live in the 80's, when food allergy labeling was not yet a federal law. Be thankful that at least now, there is a bit more allergen awareness for consumers. It might not be alot, but it definitely has changed my life for the better! Now I am not having mysterious reactions to things that I read the ingredients of...several times! Remember, this is a way of life for you now, so make the best of it! When all is said and done, you will probably end up much healthier than if you did not have your allergies! No processed foods, no GMOs and no evil soy, which causes numerous health problems!

Luckily, I have learned to love to cook because cooking increases the vast array of foods I can have. I watch Rachel Ray from time to time and happen to LOVE Paula Deen's recipes although I do feel like a fat cow actually consuming them (Nothing a few heavy cardio sessions in the gym couldn't handle!) since you can't usually stop at just one...

Here are some companies I found just this past week that produce soy-free/peanut-free/tree-nut free foods. I was lucky enough to find many of them at a health food store called A Healthy U in Oyster Bay, New York (516-802-0750) Although it is an hour away from me, the owner, Mike, is so very nice and only uses BlueBonnet brand Whey Protein in his protein shakes (but if your uber sensitive the whey does contain 'natural flavors' according to their site so I removed it from this list. The packets themselves implicitly say 'no soy' so I would only trust the packets which I buy as needed from this store). They also have a juice bar for when I'm in the mood for something uber-healthy. The owner is also willing to order you anything you can/can't find in the store that you want in bulk! Just ask!

Boves Pasta Sauce...vodka sauce, mushroom and wine, signature marinara, garlic and more!

Lundberg - TONS of non-GMO and soy-free rice chips (I'm hooked on the Wasabi rice chips!!!), different types of rice pilafs(they look delicious), variety of rice cakes, risottos, rice syrup and rice flour!

Pilot brand KOBE Beef Burgers - These are honestly the BEST burgers I've ever tasted..I use a generous sprinkle of garlic and salt and a bit of black pepper and I pan-fry covered on low-medium. Grass-fed beef so no soy feed reaction!!! I found them in the freezer section of Strictly Guten-Free in Deer Park, NY. (631)- 486-6835

The following companies also cater to soy-free peanut-free customers which you can find at glutenfree.com:

Namaste

The Really Great Food Company

Cherrybrook Kitchen

You may also find soy-free chocolate and various soy-free nut-free baked goods at:

Enjoy Life Foods

Need soy-free peanut-free baby or toddler foods? Or maybe snacks for older people with these food allergies?

Happy Family Organic Superfoods


For grass-fed non-GMO USDA Certified Organic meat, I read very good things online about

Northstar Bison Meats

Texas Grass Fed Beef


Hopefully this list brightens up your week! I know it definitely brightened up mine! I will continue to add to this list of companies as well so check back every so often! Also check out my reviews of nearby stores since I add products from each store that may be ordered online or found in a store near you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much this was very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome! Be sure to check back this list as I will add more foods to it as I try them!!

    ReplyDelete