Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Hi-Tech Epi Pen Developed By Sanofi Now Known As Auvi-Q

Auvi-Q was presented with the title of International CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for the The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and there is no question, the award is well-deserved....


The surveys that engineer developers at Sanofi got back showed a terrifying (and deadly) habit; two-thirds of patients and caregivers do not carry an Epi-Pen (epinephrine auto-injector) as recommended by their doctors. Half of caregivers are afraid others caring for their child won't know how to use it. (For me, I was always so scared to stab myself with the needle so I risked my life a few times waiting to get to the hospital. Never again.)

Enter our new buddy, Auvi-Q (sounds like a cousin of Marvin The Martian, right?)
   
This little lifesaver comes in bright blue and bright red, depending on the strength needed for your weight. It "has the shape and size of a credit card and thickness of a smartphone." Its audio and visual technology guides you through the injection process, to make it that much easier and ensure your peace of mind.

I don't know about you, but the nerd in me can't wait to watch this baby in action! Hopefully someone from the company will demonstrate it on YouTube. ;)

UPDATE: Recently read an interesting and inspiring article about this device's creation...check it out =) It def made me smile.

So many happy miracles happening this week in the food allergy community, what's next!?

No comments:

Post a Comment