Sunday, November 10, 2013

Best Soy-Free Gluten-Free Chopped Salad Ever!!!

So as some of you know, I was a huge fan of Cheesecake Factory food...that is, until I couldn't eat it.

Even if I tell them all my allergies and severe sensitivity to gluten, I get a severe gluten reaction for the entire week, which is probably due to the dairy or meat in the food that is not grass-fed. Sometimes I still get a small allergic reaction depending on what I order. As you can imagine, this is more trouble than its worth, so I decided to take it upon myself and go Pinterest recipe-hunting for copycats that I could do at home.

Yesterday, I made a copycat of the Cheesecake Factory Chopped Salad, with a few alterations
for my gluten sensitivity and severe soy allergy.
  • In place of the chicken and bacon, I used two hard-boiled USDA Certified Organic Valley (primarily flaxseed fed) eggs and chopped them up.


  • In place of the romaine lettuce, I used USDA Organic Baby KALE and for tomatoes, I used USDA Organic baby tomatoes cut in halves.


  • I used Organic Valley GRASS-FED Cheddar in place of the blue cheese. I find it not only tastes much better, but it crumbles very easily which lends itself well to this salad. I used about 1/3 of the slab of cheese for the recipe.

  • I eliminated the apple, since I'm not a fan of fruits in my veggie salads.

  • Of course, make sure to use USDA Organic for the olive oil, mustard and corn to avoid any soy pesticides. Mustard should also be gluten-free. I also added a tiny bit more shallot for the dressing and used celtic sea salt.

This salad was absolutely delicious and tasted like a meal, not a boring old salad. I definitely give it five stars and so did my family! You are also getting all your omega-3s and tons of B vitamins from the eggs and avocado! Bon apetit!







No comments:

Post a Comment