Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What Shampoos, Creams and Lotions Do I Use?

Living with multiple food allergies is a lifestyle; you have to know what products on the market are safe and pure enough for our skin, since our skin is pretty much open all the time. If you suffer with eczema, or hand eczema (like I do), the winter is a harsh time for your skin. Here are my tips and products that I use which work for me.

I have severe peanut and soy allergy, but no allergy to almonds or almond oil. I use Nivea Essentially Enriched Lotion which CONTAINS ALMOND OIL. I also use Vaseline on my hands and feet just after the shower. I use Pantene for Color-treated hair Shampoo, but NOT the conditioner, which I am very allergic to. For conditioner, I use Loreal Paris Everstrong Hydrate Conditioner (which is sulfate-free and much more gentle than most). For soap, I make my own. Yes, you can buy my soaps on Etsy through my store:
 Maya's Etsy Page.
I used to use California Baby products which you will find at Whole Foods and Target, but it gets way too expensive and I found that adding dead sea salts to my soaps is very healing for my open skin. I also handle special requests, so if you are interested in my products but want something a little different, feel free to contact me through my Etsy page.

No comments:

Post a Comment