Monday, July 30, 2012

Kirkland Brand Diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl) Contains Stearic Acid (SOY) / DERIVATIVE TO WATCH OUT FOR

Thank you to 'Soy-Free Living' on Facebook for alerting me to the fact that stearic acid, which is an ingredient in the Kirkland Signature Diphenhydramine, is in fact made from soy. This would explain some of the mysterious allergies I had in the cosmetic industry for which I couldn't find a cause.

Unfortunately, according to Soy Connection's website, since stearic acid is a cholesterol-neutral fatty acid and is therefore deemed 'healthier' it will become more prevalent in foods, baked goods and I'm sure cosmetics, face creams and bath products because it will be replacing certain oils. One cannot ignore the fact that stands like an elephant in the room; anything soy-derived is cheap and that is the real reason most companies are adding this to products--as a filler.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post about Diphenhydramine.I was searching such contents since long time.Today's I found it finally.Thanks for giving the information such medicine.

    ReplyDelete