Sunday, May 5, 2013

Gluten-free Soy-Free Soy Sauce

So I've decided to perfect my own rendition of soy sauce. I've tried like three recipes so far and none comes close to this one. It is COMPLETELY SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE AND GLUTEN-FREE.


Soy-Free Soy Sauce Recipe

INGREDIENTS

 
 
  • 2 TBS fresh minced ginger
  • 1 dash white pepper
  • 1 generous dash garlic powder
 
  • 1 generous dash onion powder
 
  • 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and boil uncovered until reduced to 1/2 cup. Strain the sauce to remove ginger pieces. I add celtic sea salt to taste. Store in refrigerator up to one week.

If per chance just looking at this recipe is giving you agita, feel free to buy the gluten-free soy-free soy sauce alternative I ALWAYS have on hand at home! Its a tad sweeter than actual soy sauce and contains less salt, so you might need to add some but it is pretty darn close.

No comments:

Post a Comment